Remote Learning – Tuesday 25th August

Reading – 15 minutes

Learning intention-We are learning to read our readers fluently and think about the story.
Success Criteria- I can read with a clear voice. I can read in phrases (words together), I can notice and use the punctuation. I can use expression when I am reading. I can answer the questions using the text to help me.

Wushka Task
Sign in and complete your assigned task.

https://wushka.com.au/login/

• Books have been allocated to your child
  • Read your allocated books and answer the questions related to the books (the children must answer these questions without any assistance).
  • Read only one allocated book today and one on Thursday and complete the matching comprehension/quiz questions.

*Please note, your teacher will be checking to see how you went with this task.

Sounds Write– 20 minutes

Learning Intention – We are learning to ‘say the sounds and read the word’, and ‘say the sounds and write the word’.
Success Criteria- I can say the sounds in a word. I can say the sounds in order (segment). I can say the sounds and read the word (blend). I can say the sounds and write the word using correct letter formation.

Preps from Miss O’s Room- Webex Session at 10.00am.

Preps from Mrs Ryan’s Room – Webex Session at 10.00am.

Grade 1/2 students from Miss O’s and Mrs Kenna’s Rooms (Initial Code) – Webex Session at 10:30am

Grade 1/2 students from Mrs Ryan and Mrs Barling’s Rooms (Initial Code) – Webex Session at 10:30am.

Extended Code  – Students working on Extended Code do not have Webex meetings for Sounds Write and will complete their tasks independently, using resources located below. The activities are explained in the video.

Sounds Write – speed sheet activities ee

Speed Read Sheet EC ee

Sight Word Follow Up- Write your sight words/sounds-write words in rainbow colours.

Optional Webex Meeting for P/1O, P/1R & 1/2B (No check in for 2K today because Mrs Kenna is on site)– Refer to the codes sent to you via SeeSaw. This is an opportunity for the whole class to touch base and to ask questions.

Writing

Fluency– Use the sheet provided from school to trace over/write the alphabet. Ensure that your child is focusing using correct pencil grip along with the correct starting position.

Learning Intention
We are learning to create a persuasive piece of writing.
Success Criteria
I can state my opinion. I can provide a reason to support my opinion.
I can provide further evidence to support my reason.

Persuasive Text- Little Princess – I Want To Be…

Listen to Mrs Kenna’s video on the blog. Brainstorm and make the plan – what do you want to be when you grow up and why.

Prep – draw a picture of what you want to be when you grow up. Label your picture.

Grade 1- draw a picture of what you want to be when you grow up. Label your picture and give one reason why.

Grade 2 – draw a picture of what you want to be when you grow up. Label your picture and give two or three reasons why.

Maths

Fluency (15 minutes)
Trace over the number sheet-  
Ensure that you start in the correct starting position
Counting goal- 
Practice your individual counting goal.

Tuning In Task – Doubles Card Game

Prep

Year One & Two – Doubles Challenge Warm Up

Learning Intention:
We are learning to make rows of.

Success Criteria:

Prep: I can make a rows of 2, and find the total skip counting by 2’s.
Grade 1: I can make rows of 2 and 5, and find the total skip counting by 2’s and 5’s.
Grade 2: I can make rows of 2, 5 and 3, and find the total skip counting by 2’s, 5’s and 3’s.

Land Grab Template: land grab

Prep – Land grab 

Roll a dice and colour in your template using a whiteboard marker to make groups of 2. Watch the video below:

For example;

4 groups of 2

5 groups of 2

3 groups of 2

Grade 1 – Land Grab 

Roll a dice and colour in your template using a whiteboard marker to make groups of 2 or 5 – Alternate between groups of 2 and 5.

For example;

4 groups of 5

5 groups of 2

3 groups of 5

Grade 2 – Land Grab 

Roll a dice and colour in your template using a whiteboard marker to make groups of 2, 5 or 3 – Alternate between groups of 2,5 and 3.

For example;

4 groups of 3

5 groups of 2

3 groups of 5

Extension: use groups of 4 and 6.

SCIENCE

Refer to Mr A’s Science blog for today’s activity – http://woodfordscience.global2.vic.edu.au