Remote Learning – Monday 17th August

Reading– 15 minutes
Select a reader from your reader cover. Practice reading in phrases (reading the words together), in a clear  voice. Notice the punctuation and change your voice if you see talking, question or exclamation marks. Also, think about the story as you read the book, does it make sense?

Learning intention- We are learning to read our readers fluently.
Success Criteria- I can read with a clear voice. I can read in phrases (words together), I can notice and use the punctuation. I can use expression when I am reading.

Sounds Write– 20 minutes

Preps from Mrs Ryan’s & Miss O’s Room- Webex Session at 10.00am

Grade 1/2 students (Initial Code Unit 11) – Webex Session at 10:30am with Mrs Barling or Mrs Kenna

Extended Code – In place of a Webex Session, children working on the extended code (/ae/) are to work independently. Please refer to the attached documents for information of this week’s Sounds Write activities along with the video link provided below.

Sounds Write Extended Code home activites – word cards

A – word cards

Sight Word Follow Up- Read over your sight words or your sounds-write words. Remember to ‘say the sounds and read the words’.

Learning Intention – We are learning to ‘say the sounds and read the word’.
Success Criteria- I can say the sounds in a word. I can say the sounds in order (segment). I can say the sounds and read the word (blend).

Optional Webex Meetings – Refer to the codes sent to you via SeeSaw. This is an opportunity for the whole class to touch base and ask questions.

Writing
Fluency– Use the sheet provided from school to trace over/write the alphabet. Ensure that your child is focusing using correct pencil grip along with the correct starting position.

Alphabet-chart-handwriting

Writing Task– In your lined book write about something you have done during the last week.
Expectations;
– Prep- Draw a picture and use the sentence starter: ‘Last week I …’
– Grade 1- Begin your writing with an interesting start, rather than ‘Last week I …’ . Write about what you did in order.
– Grade 2- Begin your writing with an interesting start, rather than ‘Last week I …’ . Write about what you did in order. Ensure that you include some adjectives and extended sentences.

The video below is for Year One and Two children. It demonstrates how to use the weekend planner to record ideas and then write them in sequence.

The video below is for Prep parents. It demonstrates how to support and encourage your child in independent writing.

Learning Intention – We are learning to write about a familiar event.
Success Criteria- I can talk about the event. I can write ideas into a plan. I can use my plan to write about an event in order. I can add a sizzling start or adjectives to make my writing more interesting. I can read over and check my writing. I can make changes to my writing.

Maths

Fluency (15 minutes)
Trace over the number sheet-  
Ensure that you start in the correct starting position
Counting goal –
Practice your individual counting goal.

Prep/One – Skip counting by 2’s.

Two (extension) – Skip counting by 3’s.

Independent Task- ‘Making Groups’
Resources required: counters & dice.

Prep- Making groups of Two – Roll the dice and make groups of two. E.g. you roll a 3, make 3 groups of 2.

Grade 1 – Making groups of Two – Roll the dice and make groups of two. E.g. you roll a 3, make 3 groups of 2.

Grade 2 (and Year One extension) – Making groups of Three – Roll the dice and make groups of three. E.g. you roll a 4, make 4 groups of 3.

Learning intention- We are learning to make equal groups.
Success Criteria- I can make groups. I can check that my groups are equal. I can use my skip counting to work out the total. I can say the sum, for example  ‘3 groups of 2 is 6’.

Music

Refer for Mrs Dowie’s blog for the activity.

http://mrsdowie1.global2.vic.edu.au/