Remote Learning Thursday 10th September

Today is ‘R U OK? Day’.

Watch the video to understand how to be a good friend and ask R U OK?:

What Makes A Good Friend?

Reading – 15 minutes

Learning intention-We are learning to read our readers fluently and think about the story.

Success Criteria- 

• I can read with a clear voice.
  • I can read in phrases (words together).
  • I can notice and use the punctuation.
  • I can use expression when I am reading.
  • I can answer the questions using the text to help me.

Wushka Task
Sign in to Wushka and complete your assigned task.

https://wushka.com.au/login/

• Books have been allocated to your child to match their reading level.
  • Read one allocated book today (the book has been assigned) and complete the comprehension questions (quiz). Students can also read other books if they wish.

*Please note, your teacher will be checking to check how you went with this task.

Sounds Write – 20 minutes

Dictation- listen to the dictation clip below to learn how to do dictation at home with your child. Read your child’s dictation aloud to them. Ensure you read the full sentence followed by only one word at a time. Once you have finished your dictation please send a photo to your classroom teacher via SeeSaw. Please ensure that your child sounds out the words independently. This will be used as an assessment task, do not worry if your child does not record all sounds. Encourage them to record all of the sounds that they know.

*Please send a photo of your child’s dictation to the classroom teacher via Seesaw.

Learning intentionWe are learning to say the sounds and write the words.

Session A Dictation (Miss O/Mrs Ryans Webex Group)- I did not let the dog dig in the mud. Mum and Dad sat on the rug.

After completing the dictation task the children are to read the following text to revise ‘’ and practice ‘saying the sounds and reading the words’. Click on the link below:

Session A reader – Click on the link below:

I Can See Tom

Session B Dictation (Mrs Kenna/Mrs Barlings Webex Group) –

Tash went back to the fish shop to get lunch for Trish. She had cash for fish and chips. Then the chums had lunch on the bench.

Session B reader – Click on the link below:

My Vivid Town

Extended Code Dictation – Jay  and Kate went on the train to see the queen. She gave them a treat on a tray. It was a cream cake and a cup of sweet tea. It was great. 

After completing the dictation task the children are to read the following text to revise and practice ‘saying the sounds and reading the words’. Click on the link below:

Extended Code reader – Click on the link below:

Amazing Snakes

Sight Word Follow Up – Use the letter tiles that you received in your first remote learning pack. Spell your sight words/sounds-write words using these tiles

Optional Webex Meeting for P/1O, P/1R, 1/2B & 2K– Refer to the codes sent to you via SeeSaw. This is an opportunity for the whole class to touch base and to ask questions.

Writing

Fluency– Use the sheet provided from school to trace over/write the alphabet. Ensure that your child is focusing using correct pencil grip along with the correct starting position.

Writing Task – Today you will choose a task from the August Writing Grid, or the new Writing Grid (below), to complete in your writing book. Make sure you record the task that you complete so you can keep track of the ones you’ve done.

Learning intention – We are learning to choose a topic to write about.
Success Criteria-

• I can make a choice about what I want to write about.
  • I can talk about my ideas for writing.
  • I can say the sounds and write the words.
  • I can write my ideas into sentences.
  • I can reread my writing and check that it makes sense.
  • I can check to make sure I have included capital letters and full stops.

Maths

Fluency (15 minutes)
Trace over the number sheet-  
Ensure that you start in the correct starting position
Counting goal- 
Practice your individual counting goal.

Learning intention- We are learning to recognise and know our ‘partners for 10’.
Success Criteria

• I can recognise and say the numbers to 10.
  • I can say some ‘partners for ten’ such as 5 and 5, 10 and 0, 9 and 1.
  • I can say all of the ‘partners for 10’.
  • I can quickly say all of the ‘ ‘partners for 10’.

Warm up – Partners for 10

Resources – deck of cards.

See video below for instructions on how to play this game.

Prep – Practice turning over the cards and saying the matching ‘partner for 10’. Use counters (two different colours or types) placed in a tens frame formation (see below) to help you work out the partners for 10.

Grade One & Two – Practice turning over the cards and saying the matching ‘partner for 10’. You may need to use a tens frame (above) to help you to work out and learn your ‘partners for 10’ facts. As you gain more confidence this week you can time yourself. Try to improve on the time it takes to say all ‘partners for 10’.

Challenge: Can you identify all the ‘partners for 10’ in one minute or less?

PREP – Tally & Bar Graph:

Select something around your house that you would like to tally based on a category such as colour. You may wish to tally the types of fruit in your fruit bowl, toys, leaves in your backyard. Once you have tallied the information create a bar graph.

*if you can’t find something to tally around the house you may wish to use the scarecrow/leaves/basket worksheet.

Click on the link below or go to the blog for the link to see how to make a graph:

How to make a bar graph

GRADE ONE – Tally & Bar Graph:

Click on the link below or go to the blog for the link to see how to make a graph-

How to make a bar graph

*if you can’t find something to tally around the house you may wish to use the scarecrow/leaves/basket worksheet

Using your tally and graph write a sentence to explain what you have found.

GRADE TWO – Tally & Bar Graph:

How to make a bar graph

Using your tally and graph write at least 3 sentences to explain and compare what you have found.

Specialist Subject – PE- Refer for Mr A’s blog for today’s activity
http://woodfordpe.global2.vic.edu.au/