Tuesday July 20th

Tuesday Logo | Name Logo Generator - I Love, Love Heart, Boots, Friday, Jungle Style

Guided Reading | Ideas for teaching

Learning Intention: We are learning to connect and compare all aspects of texts within genres and across genres.

Success Criteria:

• SC1: I can make connections between this text and other similar texts that have been read or heard

• SC2: I can make connections between the text and other texts that have been read or heard and demonstrate in writing.

• SC3: I can connect and compare the fantasy genre and compare these to other genres.

• SC4: I can connect and compare all aspects of texts within and across genres.

• Activity:

Today’s task is to make connections and compare the Fantasy novel you are reading and the realistic fiction movie Oddball. Use the Venn Diagram provided in your pack or print off from the link below. See the example below.

compare_and_contrast_reading.png

Watch this video:

Work example:

If you have not seen Oddball you can watch ‘The Parent Trap’, ‘Wonder’, etc.

Click here to print: Reading Venn Diagram template 

Choose a spelling task from your homework book

Learning Intention: We are learning how to successfully plan and write a fantasy narrative. 

Success Criteria: 

1. I can map out my plan of my narrative.

2. I can create fantasy elements to add to my narrative.

Using the Fantasy Narrative Story Plan (A3 Sheet in your pack) start to write a detailed plan about your fantasy. Break the elements up into the boxes provided on the sheet.

Click on this link to print fantasy narrative plan 

Click here to view a work sample

Learning Intention: We are learning to recognise that the place value system can be extended to tenths, hundredths and thousandths.

Success criteria: I can:

• I can compare decimals and recognise which is larger, smaller or equal.
• I can use place value to numbers recognise numbers smaller than one.            • I can write tenths, hundredths and thousandths as fractions and decimals and explain my thinking.

Today’s task is to complete the sheet Unit 18 Student Assessment (in the packs, this was on the back of yesterdays Maths Sheet)

Click here to print worksheet: Unit 18 

As a quick game, watch the video below and play the game with a partner.

P.E and Integrated

Learn and perform the Nutbush dance steps.  Video yourself performing the dance and upload on Seesaw.