Tuesday Week 7

15 Happy Tuesday Memes - Best Funny Tuesday Memes | Happy tuesday meme, Happy tuesday quotes, Tuesday quotes

Please take a photo of the work you complete and send it to your teacher via your Home Learning Code on your Class Seesaw app.

Compulsory Webex meetings will be held each day at 10:00am to mark the roll and to clarify expectations of daily work.

3K: https://eduvic.webex.com/eduvic/j.php?MTID=mfc2081c83c06f4131fdc99fb189994ff

Meeting Number:

Password: 3k

34B: https://eduvic.webex.com/eduvic/j.php?MTID=mdc8961999b01a688f30beb27a4ab7695

Meeting Number: 165 207 2974

Password: woodford

Reading fluency (15-30 mins):

1. Read to self or read to someone (pet, doll, teddy, younger sibling…).
  2. Choose a good fit book or Wushka text (https://wushka.com.au/login/)

Learning Intention: 

• We are learning to bring knowledge from personal experiences to help us understand a text.

Success Criteria:

1. I can bring knowledge from my own experience to help me understand the author’s opinion
  2.  I can use text, world and self connections to help me understand the author’s opinion

Tune in:

□ Independent Learning Task:

Read the info graphic Overfishing.

Make a text to text, text to self and text to world connection. Record your answers in your homework book.

Extension: Write a written summary summarising the main points of the text.

□ Spelling Fluency (10 minutes):

Syllables: Break each of your 6 words into syllables (chunks)

Untouchable = un  touch  a  ble

Learning Intention:

We are learning to write a recount.

Success Criteria:

• I can describe the event in sequence.
  • I can include key information such as dates and locations
  • I can include interesting details.

□ Independent Learning Task: 

Today you are going to draft the recount of your camp experience.

Write your recount in your Homework book. Remember to include:

• Introduction with a sizzling start explaining who, what, when & where
  • Paragraph 1 – First event
  • Paragraph 2 – Second event
  • Paragraph 3 – Third event
  • Conclusion including highlights and how you felt

Click here to download this template

Here is an example of a Recount:

On Saturday, my mum and I travelled on the bus to the National Marine Aquarium, Plymouth to see all the beautiful sea creatures. We wanted to get there early because of the long queues. I’ve been wanting to go for weeks but mum said that we had to wait for the school holidays to arrive. I’ve always been fascinated by sea creatures and I love looking at the pictures in books of all the different kinds of sea creatures. We needed to make sure that we could get the bus on time, so I looked online at the timetable and planned to leave at quarter past seven – it’s so early! Sleepily, we staggered to the bus stop and caught the bus into Birmingham. After an hour, we eventually reached the Sea Life Centre.

First, we paid for our tickets and got our maps. The lady was very friendly behind the desk and because I was so polite, I got an octopus sticker! Next, we made our way into the ‘Plymouth Sound’ rock pool with star fish and shallow water creatures. I got to stroke a baby stingray – I was incredibly nervous because I’ve been told about stingrays before and their poison but there was nothing to worry about! Its skin was really silky as it glided past me.

After we had inspected at the other creatures it was time to head down to the Eddystone Reef. The glass was absolutely huge! There were so many different varieties of fish swimming happily around, it was mesmerising! My favourite part was seeing the stingrays making their way up the glass – their mouths are so funny when they’re swimming, it looks like their talking. I think that stingrays are becoming my new favourite sea creature!

Finally, we made our way to the Atlantic Ocean tank where there are loads of species of sharks. Did you know that that tank holds over 2.5 million litres of sea water? That’s a lot of water in one place – I hope the glass doesn’t break (don’t worry, mum assured me it wouldn’t)! Each shark was fascinating. They had their own personality and characteristics.

It was a fantastic day and I learnt so much. For example, there are 230,000 known species of animals who live underwater and jellyfish have been round 650 million years, meaning they have been around longer than the dinosaurs! There have been so many interesting facts that I’ve learnt but most of all, I know that we need to take better care of our oceans through reducing global warming. I will make sure that I keep turning any lights and plugs off if I’m not using them. What I enjoyed most was seeing the Sharks in their tank. I loved the way they were swimming round and interacting with each other. Above all else, I learnt that there are so many wonderful and mysterious creatures under our waves. I love the fact that every type of fish is so different in colour, size and shape. I loved my day and I can’t wait to go back again soon!

________________________________________________________________________________

□ Counting pattern fluency (10 minutes):

Practice multiplication (times tables) facts. You could use dice or cards. 

Optional: Complete any IXL Year 3 Multiplication Skill Builder tasks.

Learning Intention:

• We are learning to represent and solve problems involving multiplication using efficient mental and written strategies 

Success Criteria:

• I can represent multiplication as arrays
  • I can understand the language of rows
  • I can understand that the first number tells how many rows, and the second the number in each row
  • I can understand that an array contains the same amount in total whether shown as 3 fours or 4 threes

Tune in:

□ Independent Learning Task: 

Multiplication using Arrays

Roll a dice of flip a card twice to create a multiplication equation. Draw the array and write the answer.

Repeat at least five times.

4 x 5

What are division facts? | TheSchoolRun

4 rows of 5 is 20